Tired of tossing and turning at night? According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), about 70 million Americans have sleep problems that keep them awake when they want to sleep, and lead to sleepiness when they want to be alert.In this article you will discover the ideas to help fall asleep.
This sleep disorder that make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep is known as Insomnia. Insomnia can lower not only your energy level and mood but also your health, work performance and quality of life.
Effects of inadequate sleep
The NIH says adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night to be well-rested, but that most people get less than that.Causes of insomnia include psychological factors, medications, and hormone levels. The best treatment for insomnia can be done only when its cause is known. Listed below are some causes of insomnia, that will help you to identify ideas to help fall asleep.
Psychological factor– It includes depression, anxiety disorders, or psychotic disorders.
Hormone level: – estrogen, hormone shifts during menstruation.
Medical conditions – chronic pain, congestive heart failure, asthma, hyperthyroidism, arthritis, brain lesions, tumors, stroke.
Stress. Concerns about work,health, finances or family can keep your mind active at night, making it difficult to sleep. Stressful life events or trauma — such as the death or illness of a loved one, divorce, or a job loss — also may lead to insomnia.
Travel or work schedule. Your body’s routine act as an internal clock, guiding such things as your sleep-wake cycle, metabolism and body temperature. Disrupting your body’s routine can lead to insomnia. Causes include jet lag from traveling across multiple time zones, working a late or early shift, or frequently changing shifts.
Poor sleep habits. Poor sleep habits include an irregular bedtime schedule, naps, an uncomfortable sleep environment, and using your bed for work, eating or watching TV. Computers, TVs, video games, smartphones or other screens just before bed can interfere with your sleep cycle.
Eating too much late in the evening: Having a light snack before bedtime is OK, but eating too much may cause you to feel physically uncomfortable while lying down. Many people also experience heartburn, a backflow of acid and food from the stomach into the esophagus after eating, which may keep you awake.
Home remedies for sleeplessness
Below listed some ideas to help fall asleep:
1) Improving sleep habits: Not sleeping too much or too little, exercising daily, not forcing sleep, maintaining a regular sleep schedule, and ensuring a comfortable sleeping environment.
2) Try relaxation techniques: Examples include meditation and muscle relaxation
3) Improve eating habits: Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol, and don’t use nicotine. Don’t go to bed hungry or stuffed. avoiding caffeine at night.In particular, avoid heavy or large meals within a couple of hours of bedtime. Your discomfort might keep you up.
4) Include physical activity in your daily routine: Regular physical activity can promote better sleep. Avoid being active too close to bedtime, however. Spending time outside every day might be helpful, too.
5) Stay Relax: Try to resolve your worries or concerns before bedtime. Jot down what’s on your mind and then set it aside for tomorrow.THINGS TO DO TO RELIEVE STRESS AND ANXIETY might help. Start with the basics, such as getting organized, setting priorities and delegating tasks. Control on anxiety will keep you relaxed and fight insomnia.
If you are tired of restless nights and interested to know best ways to get to sleep then try SLEEP WELL is a natural sleep supplement formulated with herbal extracts and nutrients for the brain, to help you fight insomnia symptoms and promote sleep in a natural way. SLEEP WELL is one of the best ways to fall asleep fast.